Cream of Clam Soup
- 40 little neck clams
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 sliced bread, cut into small squares
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cup of stock (any stock you want)
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 teas. salt
- 1/4 teas. pepper
- Wash clams well and place them in a frying pan with olive oil, cover pan and heat clams until they open. Remove clams from shells, strain juice, keep warm and save.
- Cook mushrooms with butter 5 minutes and add clams.
- Fry bread squares in butter.
- Bring stock to a boil, blend in flour and cook until slightly thick.
- Mix together egg yolks, cream, melted butter, salt, pepper and add to stock, stirring well. Add clams, clam broth and mushrooms and pour over fried bread squares
Share & Print
0 0 100 0