Cream Cheese Snickers Candy Bar Pie
- 1 9″ pastry shell, baked, cool
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Unflavored gelatin envelope
- 1/4 c Water, cold
- 6 1-1/2-oz Snickers Bars, cut into pieces
- 1/4 c Peanut butter, chunky
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c Powdered sugar, unsifted
- 1 tsp. Cocoa
- 3 T. Evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 c Heavy cream, whipped
- Peanuts, salted, chopped
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Separate the eggs
- Sprinkle the gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan and let stand until softened, about 4 minutes; dissolve over very low heat, stirring.
- Melt candy bars in top of double boiler over simmering water; add peanut butter and blend with a wooden spoon until smooth; cool
- Beat cream cheese with 2 egg yolks thoroughly; gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Blend in cocoa, evaporated milk, vanilla, candy bar mix and then the dissolved gelatin; mix all well.
- Chill until partially thickened, stirring one or two times. Stiffly beat the room temp egg whites with the salt; fold into chilled mix, then fold in the whipped heavy cream; turn into cooled pastry shell and chill until firm
- Decorate with chopped peanuts and additional whipped cream if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0