Cream Cheese Peach Tart
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 pkg cream cheese, softened (@ 8 oz)
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 4 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced*
STEP BY STEP:
- Beat butter, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add 1 egg beating until blended. Stir in 2-1/2 cups flour.
- Press into bottom and up sides of a lightly greased removable bottom 11-inch tart pan, trimming excess pastry; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar at medium speed until creamy; add remaining egg and remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla, and beat until blended.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup flour, and beat until blended. Spread into pastry shell.
- Toss together peach slices and remaining 1/4 cup sugar; arrange peach slices over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 4000 for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Yield 1 (11-inch) tart. TIPS:*Substitute 1 (16-ounce) package frozen peach slices, thawed, for 4 fresh peaches, if desired.