Cream Cheese-Lemon Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 4-oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 egg, well beaten
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon Rumford Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1. Cream shortening; add sugar gradually, creaming until light and fluffy.
2. Add cream cheese and half the egg, and blend well.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
4. Shape in roll, wrap in waxed paper and chill in refrigerator.
5. Slice and place on greased cookie sheets, brush with remaining egg and allow to dry.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350° F.) 10-15 minutes.
Makes 5 dozen small cookies.