Cream of Asparagus Soup
- 2 large leeks
- 2 T butter
- 4 c chicken broth
- 2 med. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1/2 c whipping cream
- Trim and cut leeks lengthwise and then slice crosswise about 1/4″ thick. Sauté leeks in butter about 10 mins until softened. Stir in broth, potatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Trim tips (about 1 1/2″) from asparagus and reserve for garnish. Chop remaining asparagus into 1″ pieces. Add to boiling soup. Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer soup to blender and process until pureed. Return to saucepan. Stir in cream; heat through.
- Garnish each serving with asparagus tips that have been cooked in boiling salted water for 5 minutes
Share & Print
0 0 100 0