Crazy Crust Apple Pie
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 can (1 lb 5 oz) apple pie filling
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice or cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425°
- No need to sift flour. Measure by lightly spooning into cup and leveling off.
- In small mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, water, shortening, and egg. Blend well at lowest speed. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Spread batter in 10-inch or 9-inch deep dish pie pan.
- Combine all filling ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Carefully spoon filling into center of batter. Do not stir.
- Bake at 400° for 40 to 45 minutes until crust is golden brown.
Fresh Apple Filling:
- Combine 2 1/4 cups peeled, sliced apples and 1 tablespoon lemon juice with 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice or cinnamon.
- Pour into center of batter. Do not stir.
- Sprinkle filling with 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 35 to 40 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0