Cranberry Frost Salad
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 med oranges
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 med apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Combine cranberries and sugar; let stand 10 minutes.
- Meahwhile, peel and section one orange reserving juice. Finely chop orange sections; set aside. Squeeze remaining orange to make a total of 1/2 cup juice.
- Beat together the orange juice, the cream cheese, and the vanilla till fluffy. Stir in orange sections, cranberries, apple and dates. Whip cream till soft peaks form. Fold whipped creamn into cream cheese mixture.
- Turn mixture into a 5 cup mold, 8x4x2 inch loaf pan or 8 or 9 individual molds. Cover with moistureproof material and freeze at least 3 hours or as long as 1 month.
- Before serving, let stand at room temp for 10 – 15 minutes to soften slightly, then unmold.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0