Crab and Avocado Fritters
- 2 lbs. crabmeat
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup diced green onions
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 salsa
- salt to taste
- flour for dusting
- oil for frying
- Mix crab, green onions, and avocado in a bowl. Mix the eggs, salsa and salt; add to the crab. Mix in the breadcrumbs.
- Form the mixture into 1 1/2″ balls. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet–cover with plastic wrap and chill for 3 hours.
- Heat oil in fryer to 350 ( you can use a skillet-oil 3″ deep).
- Dust the fritters with flour. Carefully, without crowding, drop the fritters in oil and fry about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm in oven until all fritters are cooked.
- Garnish with green onion slivers, if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0