Cous Cous with Chicken, Citrus, & Scallions
- 1 tsp. olive or vegetable oil
- ½ pound chicken breast, sliced
- 4 scallions (green onions), diced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup canned Mandarin oranges, drained and rinsed – ½ grapefruit, peeled and sliced into small pieces,
with pith removed
- 1 5.7 ozs. box cous cous, cooked (follow
instructions on box)
- 1 tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted*
- In a large pan on medium-high heat, heat oil and then add chicken slices.
- Brown them lightly on all sides. Making sure they are cooked throughout, remove them, and set aside.
- Add scallions to pan and sauté them for 5-10 minutes until tender.
- Stir in broth and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in orange segments, grapefruit segments, and chicken, and simmer for 5 minutes until all ingredients are heated throughout.
- Add cooked cous cous and stir well.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds, and serve.
*To toast almonds, spread them in a small pan and bake them at 350°. for just 5-6 minutes, stirring once, until they have developed a pale brown color.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0