Corny Tomato Dumpling Soup
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 c. fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) beef broth
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary, crushed
- salt & pepper to taste
- Corn Dumplings
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. cornmeal
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 c. fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in corn, tomatoes, broth, onion, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30-45 minutes.
- For dumplings, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat egg; stir in milk, corn, cheese & parsley.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering soup.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering).
Share & Print
0 0 100 0