1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
3 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons shortening
2/3 cup milk (about)
1. Substitute 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal for 1/2 cup flour in Basic Rumford Baking Powder Biscuit recipe.
2. Roll into rectangular shape 1/4 inch thick and brush with melted butter.
3. Cut into strips 1 inch wide and pile six of these one on top of the other.
4. Cut crosswise into 1 1/2 inch pieces; place on end in greased muffin pans and seperate the layers slightly with a knife.
5. Bake in hot oven (450° F.) 12-15 minutes.
Makes 12 to 14.