Colada Cream Pie
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 stick cold sweet butter, cut in chunks
- 4 Tbsp. ICE WATER
- 3/4 cup coconut-pineapple juice, canned
- 4 extra ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 stick sweet butter, softened
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate
- Make Crust: In a bowl, whisk together flour and salt. With pastry cutter, cut in the butter until the mixture is coarsely textured. Sprinkle on the water, one Tbsp at a time, stirring with fork until dough just holds together. Gather dough into a ball, flatten it into disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for one hour.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough out into 1/8 thick round. Fit dough into pie pan, trim and excess dough, crimp edges, and prick and sides with fork. Set the shell in freezer for 20 minute
- Set oven at 425º. Cover dough with aluminum foil and line the foil (I use pie weights). Bake shell for 15 minutes. Lower heat to 350º, remove weights and foil and bake 15 minutes more. Cool on wire rack
- Make filling: In small shallow bowl, combine the juice and bananas for 5 minutes. Drain well, reserving juice. Put butter and cream cheese in a bowl and beat until smooth using electric mixer on medium speed. Add sugar and beat until smooth. Add sour cream, van extract and half of reserving juice, and beat until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill until time assemble pie.
- Assemble Pie: Spread half of cream cheese filling over bottom of prebaked shell and top with half of bananas, arranging them in single layer. Sprinkle coconut over bananas, then top the coconut with remaining bananas. Spread the remaining cream cheese filling evenly and smoothly over top of pie
- Make Garnish. Arrange pecans over cream cheese filling. Drizzle the melted chocolate over top of pie. Let chocolate set before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0