Coconut Macaroon Cupcakes
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ground blanched almonds
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp matzo cake meal
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- pinch of salt
STEP BY STEP:
- Preheat oven to 350� F. Line a twelve section muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold soft peaks, gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar. Beat until the meringue holds stiff peaks and is smooth and shiny. In another bowl, combine the shredded coconut, 1/4 cup sugar, the almonds, matzo cake meal and grated lemon rind. Gently fold the mixture into the meringue. Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and crusty on the surface. Store airtight for several days