Cocktail Party Meatballs
- 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons dry plain bread crumbs
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast (see note)
- 6 ounces turkey sausage, removed from casings if necessary
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons minced green peppers
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced celery leaves
- Spray a cookie sheet with no-stick spray and set aside
- In a large bowl, stir together the cottage cheese, egg whites, Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs.
- Stir in the turkey breast, turkey sausage, onions and green peppers. Shape the poultry mixture into 32 meatballs.
- On a sheet of wax paper, combine the parsley, celery leaves and remaining 2 tablespoons bread crumbs. Roll the meatballs in the parsley mixture until coated evenly.
- Preheat the broiler. Transfer the meatballs to the prepared cookie sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned on all sides and no longer pink in the center, turning occasionally
Share & Print
0 0 100 0