Classic Pecan Pie
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1 large egg
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add milk and butter; toss with a fork until moist.
- Press mixture gently in a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap. Roll dough, still covered, to an 11-inch circle. Freeze 10 minutes or until plastic wrap can easily be removed.
- Remove 1 sheet of plastic wrap; fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Remove top sheet if plastic wrap. Fold edges under and flute.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Beat egg, egg whites, corn syrup, brown sugar and salt at medium speed of a mixer until well blended. Stir in the vanilla extract and the pecan halves. Pour the mixture into the crust
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350-degrees, then cover with foil. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean. Do not overbake. Cool on a wire rack
Share & Print
0 0 100 0