Clam Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup minced clams, with liquid
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lb mushrooms, 1-1/2″ to 2″ in diameter
- lemon juice
STEP BY STEP:
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Remove and dice mushrooms stems. Dip mushroom caps in butter and place, rounded side down, on a rack on a cookie sheet.
- Drain clams and reserve liquid.
- In melted butter, saute mushrooms stems and garlic. Add clam liquid and simmer until mushroom stems are tender. Remove from heat and stir in the bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps. Broil about 6 ” from heat for about 8 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and tops are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice on each and serve hot.