Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup fudge topping (like ice cream topping)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pkg chocolate instant pudding
- 1 pkg caramels (@ 7 oz)
- 1 chocolate crumb pie crust (@ 9 inch)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/4 cup melted butter (or use a store bought chocolate crumb pie crust)
STEP BY STEP:
- Preheat oven to 350� F.
- Mix crushed cookies and melted butter together. Using fingers, press crust mixture into bottom up sides of a pie pan. Bake crust for about 6 minutes until set. Set aside.
- Place caramels and milk in a heavy saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat stirring continually, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Pour into pie crust.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and milk in a blender. Process until smooth. Add pudding mix and process for about 30 seconds longer.
- Pour pudding mixture over caramel layer, covering evenly. Chill, loosely covered, until set, about 15 minutes.
- Drizzle fudge topping over pudding layer in a decorative pattern. Sprinkle top of cake with remaining pecans.
- Chill, loosely covered until serving time.