Chocolate Toffee Bars
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp water
- 7 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, melted for topping
STEP BY STEP:
- Wrap a 13×9″ baking pan with foil. Meanwhile combine flour,sugar, and butter using food processor until mixed and smooth
- Add egg, water & vanilla and process until dough begins to form a ball
- Place the batter into prepared pan and bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden, set aside
- Cook sugar over medium heat until it’s melted and become deep caramel color
- Stir fast in cream, then add butter quarter part each at a time.
- Stir in walnut and pour over cooled crust immediately
- Spread melted chocolate over toffe layer.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour, cut into 2 x 1 inch bar to serve.