Chocolate Shoo-Fly Pie
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/3 C. boiling water
- 1 1/2 C. (1 lb can) chocolate flavored syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/3 C. flour
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda (again)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 C. butter
- 9 inch unbaked pastry shell
- Dissolve 1/4 tsp. baking soda in boiling water. Stir in syrup and vanilla. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, 1/4 tsp. baking soda and the salt in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Set aside 1 C. each of the chocolate mixture and crumbs; gently combine remaining chocolate and crumbs stirring until crumbs are moistened (mixture will be lumpy).
- Pour reserved 1 C. chocolate mixture into the unbaked pie shell. Evenly pour in chocolate crumb mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 C. crumbs. Dust with cinnamon.
- Bake at 375º for 1 hour. Cool completely.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0