Chocolate Sheet Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- Chocolate Frosting
- Toasted Chopped Pecans (optional)
- Stir together first 5 ingredients. Bring 1 cup water and next 3 ingredients to a boil.
- Add to flour mixture, and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
Beat eggs and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with electric mixer until blended.
- Stir into flour mixture. Pour into a greased and floured 15×10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Spread Chocolate Frosting over warm cake; cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0