Chocolate Rum Mousse Pie
- 1 9-inch chocolate cookie crumb pie shell
- 1 (.25 ounce) packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 (4-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups whipping cream, well chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract (use more or less to taste)
- 1 cup whipping cream, well chilled
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- chocolate shavings
- Sprinkle gelatin onto cold water in small bowl; let stand 1 minute to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. It must be in liquid form when you add it to the pie filling. If it stiffens up, microwave it on high for about 10 to 15 seconds. Stir until lump free.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, and pudding mix in a medium mixing bowl. Add 2 cups cream, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon rum extract. Beat for 30 seconds with an electric mixer on low or until smooth. Then beat on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture until blended. Pour filling into pie shell.
- Beat 1 cup cream, confectioner’s sugar, and 2 teaspoons rum extract in a small chilled mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Spread over chocolate filling. Chill at least 2 hours. Garnish with chocolate shavings.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0