Chocolate Rum Cream Pie
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate-wafer crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons sweet soft butter
- 2 Tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 1 Tablespoon dark rum
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup currant jelly
- 1/2 teas. unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Mix the ingredients well with a pastry blender and press into 9-inch pie shell.
- Bake in a 350º oven for 10 minutes. Cool
- Mix sugar, flour and salt. Beat the eggs until thick and creamy. Add dry ingredients, and then 1/4 cup of rum. Mix well.
- Add milk with rest of the rum and heat. Stir slowly into the first mixture. Cook over hot water until custard thickens, stirring all the while. Cool. Stir the jelly over low heat until liquid. Spread over cooled piecrust.
- Pour in the cold rum custard. Top with cream whipped with gelatin
Share & Print
0 0 100 0