Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Double crust pie pastry
- 2 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 325°. Divide pastry in half. Line 2 (9-inch) pie pans with pastry; crimp or flute edges. Set aside.
- In large mixer bowl combine brown sugar, margarine and eggs. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed(2 to 3 minutes). Add all remaining filling ingredients except pecans. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).. By hand, stir in pecans.
- Pour into prepared pie shells.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until knife inserted in center come out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0