Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
For the crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup ground Spanish peanuts (red skinned)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
For the chocolate layer
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 oz. semi- or bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
For the peanut butter filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
For the chocolate topping
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 7 oz. semi- or bittersweet chocolate
- Combine cracker crumbs, peanut meal, brown sugar, and butter.
- Press into lightly buttered 9 or 10 inch springform pan and chill.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar together thoroughly. Add egg and combine well. Add chocolate and vanilla, again combining thoroughly. Spread chocolate mixture over chilled crust. Chill again
- Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and butter until smooth and well blended.
- Whip cream with vanilla and fold completely into peanut butter mixture.
- Spread over chocolate layer and chill at least 6 hours.
- Chop chocolate. Heat cream to scalding point and pour over chocolate. Stir until melted and smooth. Pour evenly over chilled peanut butter layer.
- Chill until topping is firm.
- Sprinkle with additional chopped peanuts if desired. Remove from pan and serve.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0