Chocolate Orange Supreme Cheesecake
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine, meltedFilling:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peal
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp orange-flavored liqueur
- 4 pkgs (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
STEP BY STEP:
- Heat oven to 325 F. Mix crumbs, cinnamon, and butter. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 F. Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in sour cream and vanilla.
- Separate batter into 2 equal parts. Blend chocolate into one part. Blend liqueur and peel into remaining part. Pour chocolate batter over crust. Bake 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperatue to 325 F.
- Spoon remaining batter over chocolate layer. Continue baking another 30 minutes. Turn off oven and prop open oven door; remove cheesecake when oven has cooled. Loosen cake from rim of pan.
- Garnish with dollops of fresh whipped cream and twisted slices of orange.