Chocolate Graham Crackers
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups whole wheat flourFor The Chocolate Glaze:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
STEP BY STEP:
- Heat oven to 375 degree. Beat 1 cup of shortening, the brown sugar and honey in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed or mix with a spoon.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt Add the cocoa for the chocolate cookies.
- Roll half of the dough at a time 1/8″ thick on lighty floured cloth-covered surface. Cut into 2 1/2 inch rounds or squares. Place 1″ apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool 1-2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- To glaze: melt the chocolate chips and shortening over low heat stirring occasionally; drizzle over the cookies.