Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1 or 2 squares chocolate
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar or 2 tablespoons corn syrup or glucose
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups sugar
STEP BY STEP:
- Mix the sugar, milk, grated chocolate, cream of tartar or corn syrup and boil rather slowly, stirring until the ingredients are well blended.
- Boil to the soft-ball stage, or 236 degrees.
- Remove from the stove, add the butter, but do not stir it in. When lukewarm, add the vanilla and beat until it creams; that is, until the shiny appearance disappears and the fudge holds its shape.
- Spread it in a buttered pan and when it hardens mark it into squares.