Chocolate Covered Cherries
- 7 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 pound Powdered Sugar (4 cups)
- Maraschino Cherries (with stems)
Mix the sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, almond extract, and powdered sugar until it resembles clay.
Flatten a rounded teaspoon full of the mixture and mold around the cherry.
Place on a cookie pan covered with a sheet of parchment paper and refrigerator for an hour
Hold the cherry by the stem and dip into melted chocolate.
Return to cookie sheet and refrigerate 10 minutes to firm coating.
Store loosely covered at room temperature for one week*, then refrigerate for up to a month
*The cherries must be stored at least a week to liquefy.