Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream Pie With Dark And Divine Chocolate Sauce
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Fine, dry bread crumbs for dusting the pie plate
- 1 quart low-fat frozen yogurt, or low-fat ice cream, softened in refrigerator 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and dust with fine bread crumbs.
- Place the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water. Dissolve the instant coffee in the 2 Tbsp boiling water and add to chocolate. Stir occasionally with a wire whisk. When the chocolate is almost melted, remove from heat and whisk until smooth. Meanwhile, using a mixer, beat egg yolks until thick. Gradually beat in the sugar until the mixture is thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Gradually beat the chocolate and vanilla into the yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until stiff but not dry. Stir one-third of the whites into the chocolate mixture. Gently fold in the remaining whites until blended.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pie plate. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. As it cools, the mixture sinks in the middle to form a thick fudgy pie shell.
- Spoon the frozen yogurt into the cooled shell. Smooth with the back of a large spoon. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs and freeze until ready to serve
Share & Print
0 0 100 0