Chocolate Bavarian Cream Pie
- 1 Unbaked pie shell or favorite crumb crust
- 1 Envelope of unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 C Milk, divided
- 2/3 C Sugar
- 6 T Cocoa
- 1 T Light corn syrup
- 2 T Butter
- 3/4 t Vanilla
- 1 C Heavy cream
- Prepare pastry shell; set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatin onto 1 cup milk in saucepan. Stir together the sugar and cocoa; add to the milk mixture in saucepan. Add corn syrup. Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add the butter and stir until melted. Blend in 3/4 cup milk and vanilla.
- Pour into a large bowl of an electric mixer. Chill mixture until almost set.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Whip the chilled chocolate mixture on medium speed until smooth. On low speed add half the whipped cream to chocolate, beating just until blended
- Pile into the pie shell, and chill until set
- Top with remaining whipped cream.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0