Chocolate Angel Pie
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 C (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 T. strong coffee
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 C. heavy cream
- chopped nuts, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
- Add sugar, 1 T. at a time, beating till soft peaks form. Spread in a well greased 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake at 275º for 50 minutes. Cool.
- For filling, melt chocolate chips in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir in coffee till smooth. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla until well blended. Cool.
- In another mixing bowl, beat cream, fold in chocolate mixture. Pour into meringue shell.
- Sprinkle with nuts if desired
Share & Print
0 0 100 0