- 6 10-inch flour tortillas
- Corn oil for deep frying
- 2 cups beef, ground, cooked
- 6 tbls longhorn cheese, grated
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees. If tortillas are not soft, wrap them in aluminum foil and warm in oven to soften, about 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Heat cooking oil in the deep fryer to 400 degrees. Fold over the bottom third of each tortilla to make a solid base, as if you were beginning to fold a letter.
- Spread 1/3 cup of meat filling on the solid base. Roll the base and filling one turn up, so that the fold is in the center and widest part of the tortilla.
- Now fold in each side of the tortilla and roll again, once or twice, until you have a neat package. Fasten the seam with toothpicks. Make three chimichangas and then deep fry in hot oil until they are golden (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Drain well on several layers of paper toweling. While the one batch of chimichangas is frying, prepare the next three.
- As soon as the chimichangas are drained, sprinkle the tops with cheese and garnish as desired.
- sour cream
- lettuce, shredded
- avocado slices
- guacamole and/ or salsa
Share & Print
0 0 100 0