- 1 pound leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 pounds beets, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound fennel, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1/2 cups water
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 11/4 hours or until the vegetables are very soft. Remove from heat and cool.
- Strain and chill the broth. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Serve the broth cold.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0