Chili’s Signature Drinks by Todd Wilbur
To ring in the new year it seems appropriate that we clone some of the fabulous cocktails from one of America’s most popular restaurant chains. Here we have a couple clone recipes from Chili’s Grill and Bar. The Twisted Lemonade Twist is a simple, thirst-quenching blend of vodka, triple sec and sweet & sour mix. The Margarita Presidente is a much fancier and more expensive designer libation made from Sauza Commemoritiva, Cointreau, and Presidente Brandy. It’s served up in a salt-rimmed martini glass, and will surely become a favorite drink for your year-end festivities at a fraction of the cost of the real deal. Now we’re gonna party like it’s 1999! Happy New Year from TSR!!
Twisted Lemonade Twist
1 ounce vodka
1/2 ounce triple sec
1/3 cup sweet & sour mix
1. Fill a glass with crushed ice and add vodka and triple sec.
2. Top off the drink with sweet & sour mix
3. Add a lemon wedge for garnish and serve.
You can also add a splash of cranberry juice to make this a pink lemonade twist.
1 ounce Sauza Commemoritiva Tequila
1/2 ounce Cointreau
1/2 ounce Presidente Brandy
1/2 ounce Rose’s lime juice
1/3 cup sweet & Sour mix
1. Combine all ingredients in a shaker with crushed ice. Shake
2. Pour drink into a martini glass rimmed with salt. Serve the remainder of the drink in the shaker on the side. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)