Chile Con Queso
- 4 fresh Anaheim chilies
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 T sour cream
- Char the chilies over a flame or in the broiler. Place them in a paper bag to steam off the skin. Rub off the skin, stem, seed and coarsely chop.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook slowly until both are translucent.
- Add the chilies and cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the cheese, stirring constantly until cheese melts. Be careful to keep the heat low or the cheese will “seize” and become stringy.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0