Chicken in Wine Sauce
- 4 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and nutmeg.
- Brown each side in butter in skillet or Dutch oven. Add onion, mushrooms, and 2/3 cup wine. Add cashews, if desired.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove chicken.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons wine; mix well and stir into skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0