- 1 broiler/fryer chicken, cut up and skin removed
- 1 tsp. veg oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 medium red potatoes, halved
- 1/2 C. water
- 1 T. fresh minced parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- pinch dried thyme
- 1/2 C. each chopped sweet red and yellow pepper (1 inch pieces)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 C. cider or red wine vinegar
- In a non-stick skillet, brown chicken in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm.
- In the drippings, sauté onions and garlic until tender. Stir in the carrots, potatoes, water and seasonings; top with chicken.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in additional water if needed.
- Add peppers and green onions. Cover and cook until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0