Chicken and Swiss Cheese
- 3 Whole chicken breast, boneless & skinless, halved
- 1/2 c. Flour
- 6 Thick slices of French bread
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 2/3 c. White wine
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4c. Oil
- 6 Slices swiss cheese
- 1/2 lb. Mushrooms
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Sprinkle chicken with flour. Heat oil and brown chicken. Reduce heat, cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Place bread slices, topped with cheese on baking sheet. Heat in 200F oven until cheese is melted.
- Slice mushrooms. After chicken has cooked for 15 minutes, remove chicken. Add butter and mushrooms to pan. Cook about 3 minutes.
- Push mushroom to one side of pan, add wine, salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan. Simmer until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Place chicken pieces on each bread slice. Spoon mushrooms and sauce over.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0