Chicken Strips with Cheese Sauce
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grated Swiss or cheddar cheese or a combination
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- Cut chicken breasts into strips. Set aside.
- Prepare cheese sauce: In a saucepan, melt butter. Add flour. Stir to combine.
- Slowly add chicken broth. Stir and heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil and boil for a few minutes.
- Add half-and-half. Bring to a boil. Add salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce Add cheese. Set aside.
- Sauté chicken in butter until just brown. Reduce heat. Cook over medium heat for about 7 minutes until chicken is done.
- Add pepper strips to chicken. Cook for a few minutes more.
- Arrange chicken and pepper on a serving platter. Pour sauce over.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice or noodles
Share & Print
0 0 100 0