- 8 or 9 slices white bread, buttered, crusts removed
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast pieces, diced
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 8 or 9 slices, Old English sharp process cheese
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 small jar sliced pimento
- 1 cup buttered bread crumbs
- Line buttered 9×15 pan with bread, top with chicken
- Sauté mushrooms in butter 5 minutes and spoon over chicken.
- Add water chestnuts, then pimento, dot with mayonnaise, top with cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk and salt and pour over all. Mix undiluted soups and spoon over. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1-1/2 hours. Put crumbs on for last 15 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0