Chicken Soup with Matzo Balls
- 2 1/2 Qts homemade Chicken broth
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/4 t freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 C matzo meal
- 2 T chopped parsley
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, 2 T broth, salt and pepper. Gradually beat in matzo meal until smooth. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Reduce heat so water just simmers. Shape matzo balls with wet hands by rounded teaspoonfuls, adding to water as they are shaped. (18 balls) Mixture will be very soft. Rinse hands often while shaping. Cover and simmer gently 30 minutes without lifting cover.
- Meanwhile, in a large soup pot, bring remaining chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low. With a slotted spoon, transfer matzo balls to soup and simmer 5 minutes. Serve hot with fresh parsley.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0