Chicken & Rice Soup
- 1 Cup cooked chicken, diced
- 3 Ounces long grain white rice
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1/2 Cup celery, chopped
- 1 Small potato, diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 Scallions, chopped or 1 small onion
- 6 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 Cup corn kernels
- Grating cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large pot. Add the scallions, carrot, celery, potato, parsley, bay leaf, chicken and black pepper.
- Return the soup to a boil and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Serve and top with grating cheese.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0