- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small eggplant, quartered and sliced crosswise
- 1 cup presliced green pepper (from the salad bar)
- 1 cup presliced zucchini (from the salad bar)
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms (from the salad bar or produce department)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried or 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the chicken and some salt and pepper; and cook it for 5 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Add the small eggplant, 1 cup green pepper, 1 cup zucchini, 1 cup mushrooms, 4 garlic cloves (sliced), some salt and pepper, and the herbs.
- Cook the vegetables, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add the 2 tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Bring the vegetables to a boil and cover. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until the tomatoes have just softened.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and cook, uncovered, just until the chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0