- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 cup pimientos, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 Tbs. chicken bouillon granules
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season chicken with salt to taste. Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Sauté chicken 3 minutes per side or until well browned.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish, reserving pan drippings. Arrange pimentos over chicken and set aside.
- Sauté onion in pan drippings over medium high heat 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- Combine reserved pimiento liquid, vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake vigorously. Pour into skillet with onions. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened and bubbly. Pour over chicken and cover with foil
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0