Chicken Pastina Soup
- 1 lb skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup pastina
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan-Romano cheese
- black pepper to taste
- Combine chicken broth, water, carrots, celery and parsley in a large saucepan or stock pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and pastina.
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue to cook, covered, approximately 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables and pastina are tender and the chicken is white, yet still moist. Stir in the Parmesan-Romano cheese and season with pepper to taste.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0