- 1 3 lb. chicken, skin & fat removed, cut in serving pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 cup (defatted, reduced-sodium) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups non-fat plain yogurt, divided
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper
- In a heavy, nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 4-5 minutes, or until underside is golden.
- Turn chicken and cook 4-5 minutes more until second side is golden.
- Sprinkle onions & garlic around chicken.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, stir, or until onions are softened.
- Turn chicken pieces over & sprinkle with paprika. Cook 1 minute more.
- Reduce heat to low. Add broth, cover pan.
- Simmer, turn chicken occasionally, 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is done. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In measuring cup or small bowl, stir together 1 c. yogurt & cornstarch; add to skillet.
- Cook, stirring, 3-4 minutes, or until broth boils and thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve hot.
- Top each serving with a spoonful of remaining yogurt and sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0