Chicken Mushroom Risotto
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 pound of chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 cup uncooked regular long grain rice
- 1 medium carrot or 1 small sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Chicken broth
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a 3 quart skillet over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot butter or margarine, cook chicken until browned, stirring often. Remove; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. In same saucepan, in remaining 1 tablespoon butter or margarine cook rice, carrot and onion until rice is browned, stirring constantly, Stir in broth, soup and pepper.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peas and reserved chicken. Cover; cook 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0