- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Place bread crumbs and egg in separate shallow dishes. Dip chicken in egg; then dredge in bread crumbs to coat.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook about 4 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Remove pan from heat, cover to keep chicken warm.
- In another large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic, sauté until mushrooms are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and nutmeg. Mix well and cook until heated through.
- Top each chicken breast with one quarter of spinach-mushroom mixture. Arrange provolone cheese slices on top.
- Return pan to medium heat. Add wine and cover. Cook 5 minutes until cheese is melted and chicken is tender.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0