Chicken Livers in Italian Tomato Sauce
- 1 14-1/2 ounce can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1 cup thinly bias-sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 pound chicken livers, halved
- 4 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- For sauce, stir together undrained tomatoes, cornstarch, sugar, Italian seasoning, and red pepper. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or large skillet with nonstick spray coating. Stir-fry carrots for 2 minutes. Add onion and garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add green pepper and stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
- Add oil to hot wok. Stir-fry chicken livers for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly pink in center.
- Push livers from center of wok. Stir sauce; add to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return vegetables to wok; stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 minute more or until heated through.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0