Chicken Liver Sauté
- 1 lb. fresh chicken livers
- 4 slices bacon, cut up
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onion tops
- Cut the livers in half, removing any connecting tissue. Sauté bacon until lightly browned. Add the green onions & cook for 1 minute.
- Combine flour & salt, toss livers lightly in the mixture until well coated. Place in the frying pan and sauté for 5 minutes, turning to evenly brown
- Add water chestnuts & cream. Serve immediately on toast, topping each serving with onion tops.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0